Wednesday 6 January 2010

2010 .... new dawn a new day etc



It's a new year, and as a lot of my good friends do it, I've decided to start blogging. I've named my blog such because for me the beginning of the new decade needs to be just that. My intentions are good, so lets see what 2010 brings..... Already it has bought an amazing new years celebration with beautiful people.




























Some nice beginnings of possible work stuff , a lovely gig and some other lovely stuff.
I must share the hilarity of my casting today ....... I was sat in a waiting room for a casting and behind what can only be described as a wicker barrier similar to this ,in the corner , a man was sat behind a desk with a telephone etc . It became apparent that he was an agent and this was indeed his "office". The most beautiful element to this arrangement, was that at one point there was a mass debate about payment because the contracts we were given gave complelety different pay rates to advertised, at which point he leaned around the wicker and gave us all the collective advice that we should "write refer to agent" on the forms ...... then disappeared back behind. It was a moment of comedic brilliance and confirmed that Ricky Gervais wasn't far off when he wrote Extras.......It also made me imagine the scenario of him taking interest in an actor and bringing them in for a meeting the actor's face and ensuing conversation would only be a thing of true wonderment.
And to conclude my first post, I must share the excitment surrounding my new lappy, and its built in webcam, the novelty hasn't quite worn off as of yet..............

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you ever fancy a trip along to The Magic Circle, let me know and I should be able to sort it out at some point during the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bear is a good look! And here's the blogging, it may never make us rich and famous but at least we get to look at pretty pictures. Ooooh the bright lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, magic circle sounds great.... I think the bear is my strongest look... I may take it on as my main headshot . Here is to blogging- bright lights pretty pictures ahoy!!!

    ReplyDelete